The Spring City Arts (SCA) community is dedicated to promoting art, artists, art awareness and art education in Spring City, Sanpete County and Utah. SCA promotes art through advocacy programs, education, mentoring, workshops and service. SCA organizes, encourages, and educates the public about art and artists of Spring City and Sanpete County. SCA supports and promotes the artistic process through peer directed and operated services, advocacy, economic and historic development, and participation in public art and design in Spring City.
Spring City Arts Purposes
- Organize an artist based Creative Arts Community. Membership is open to all artists in Sanpete County. Types of arts and artists would be included; fine, visual, folk, musical, performance, literary and historic skills.
- Promote local artists and support services and programs to help local artists promote themselves.
- Establish art workshops, classes, educational events and competitions for the public. Workshops and classes would be taught by member artists or invited artists.
- Initiate a Art Mentor Program. Member artists would donate their time and talents to local schools to help students experience and develop their artist talents.
- Initiate an Artist apprenticeship program.
- Sponsor art, music, theatre, film and literary festivals, art shows, art events, competitions, etc. in Spring City and Sanpete County throughout the year. Co-sponsor other events that can develop the arts, artists and/or other non-profit causes.
- Provide opportunities to further the skills and talents of member artists and nurture emerging artists.
- Preserve and promote historic building crafts and skills, through historic renovations and building projects.
- Create a Spring City Art Center where seminars, workshops, festivals, competitions, tours, lectures and classes, educational events, informational materials, and art exhibits can be held. A gallery would be designed into the center to sell member art. The center would also include classrooms & workshops, foundation offices, sculpture garden and possibly guest artist studios.
- Support Spring City as an historic community, including Spring City Main Street as an historic pioneer architectural zone. Support and promote artists and craftsmen to locate their studios and workshops in the Downtown Main Street area.
Board of Directors
Lynda Sentker - President Chair
M'Lisa Paulsen- Vice President Bonnie Jones - Secretary
Gina Garner - Secretary
Joseph Grammer - Treasurer
Advisory Board Members: